Continuing Professional Development (CPD) available for CPHT Graduates
When booking, please ensure your PayPal address is correct as that is where we will send the Zoom link to. Alternatively, once you’ve booked, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise your correspondence email address. Thank you.
About the Course
The aim of this CPD is to inspire participants to feel confident in working with children and teenagers and will involve informative discussion, engaging activities and Sian will share a range of specific, creative ideas and resources.
The content will cover:
- The key points of Solution Focused practice when working with children.
- Understanding a range of childhood conditions for which Hypnotherapy is effective.
- How to build rapport and communicate effectively with children, including those who are reluctant, unwilling or unable to talk.
- How a solution focused approach supports children in the development of their own solutions to problems.
- The importance of recognising and acknowledging children’s strengths.
- How to engage children in the process effectively, including creative ideas for the younger age range.
- How to tailor the Initial Consultation – including an adapted Information Gathering handout.
- The importance of setting clear goals and how to measure them effectively.
- Utilising scaling and the Miracle Question to develop goals.
- How to communicate with parents, manage their expectations and encourage behaviour that will impact positively on the process.
- Hypnotherapeutic interventions which can be utilised with children.
- Different ways children respond during hypnosis and how to manage this.
- Age appropriate metaphors and language patterns – including handouts.
- Your toolbox – ideas for props and sensory aids.
This CPD is also a module on the AHD.
About the Lecturer
The Youth Fairy
Sian is owner of The Youth Fairy, specialising in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy for children and teenagers. In addition to running her busy practice in Sussex, she has over a decade’s experience of working with young people in an educational setting, as a qualified teacher and Head of Year, responsible for the social and emotional wellbeing of students.
Sian also runs CPHT Brighton Hypnotherapy Training with her husband Brian and is a qualified NLP Master Practitioner and Coach.
“It was probably the best CPD I’ve been on since qualifying so thank you Sian!”
“It was an absolutely brilliant CPD which left me full of enthusiasm to put it all into practice. Thank you!!”